I’ve got blood on my hands,
Is it the blood of an innocent or a tyrant,
the choice was never mine,
to kill an innocent to be in the favor of a tyrant,
or to kill the tyrant and suffer the loss of many more innocents.
But who are the innocents,
and who is just using the facade of an innocent
to conceal their tyranny from those who wish to usurp them from their throne of power.
I’ve got blood on my hands from following orders,
but who is to blame,
is it the man who allows himself to be controlled
or is it the man who controls.
I’ve got blood on my hands,
but feel no remorse,
The battle to rid myself of such indifference has not yet been won
the stain of another person’s life that can not be removed, that can never be washed away.
I can see that I am a murderer who has been disguised as a soldier, I am nothing but a mere minion created to do the tasks of the powerful.
My hands are covered in blood,
but still I walk free,
I am free because the blood on my hands is the blood of the enemy
The blood of those deemed our adversary by the country I have devoted myself to.
I’ve got blood on my hands,
and I’ve shed no tears,
but still no-one cares,
because to them, I am good, I am a hero
and most importantly I am a patriot.
No comments:
Post a Comment